AnsweredAssumed Answered

Importing into multiple tables

Question asked by Volos on Jan 28, 2010
Latest reply on Jan 28, 2010 by philmodjunk

Title

Importing into multiple tables

Hi everyone, I've looked for a solution to this and can't find one, so forgive me if an awnser already exists.  I'm using 10.0V3 on an XP machine @ work.  I am trying to import a good deal of order information so that multiple lines (rows in Excel) from an csv or xls can come into one record.

The main fields I am dealing with are [there are others but they can piggy back these]:

Creation Date; PR ID; PO #; Supplier Name; Quantity; Unit Price; Extended Price; SKU/Catalog #; Amount/UOM & UOM; Product Description

I tried working from the purchase order templete to make have the relavent fields I need.  My problem is I want there to be one record per PO # with all of the line items of that PO.  I can import each line item as a seperate record correctly, but I'd like them to be in a table on one record with common outer fields.

Here's how the data is set up:

In one row there are the above fields (+ 14) with the following real world relationship:

For any date there can be any multiple of (sequential) PR ID's.  For each PR ID there can be multiple PO #'s (one per supplier).  For each PO there can be multilple line items (highest # is 114). 

There is only one line item per row, however.  The common fields of

Creation Date; PR ID; PO #; Supplier Name

Are repeated in each line for each item from the PO.  The remaining fields all vary based on the line item.  

Is there a way to import into both the Record Detail, and Record List tables at the same time (or in matching sequance), breaking up the records by PO?

I hope this question makes since,

Volos

Outcomes