AnsweredAssumed Answered

Importing multiple excel files into one database...

Question asked by paulayala on Oct 6, 2012
Latest reply on Oct 7, 2012 by paulayala

Title

Importing multiple excel files into one database...

I am brand new to FM. I'm running FMP 12.

I have to use an outside client management software that my company provides and uses. The software is so old and outdated that I am using FMP12 to manage my client data. I can export data from the client software to Excel. I have to export 3 different files to get a complete profile on one client. So there is some overlapping info. I have contact info, account info, and insurance info.

I created a FM database using the contact info as the master layout and created the other 2 tables (accounts and insurance) with relationships between them. I want to import all 3 files into this one database and use portals for a dynamic listing of accounts and insurance products per client.

Can this be done within this one DB or will I need a DB for each Excel file? If I need multiple DBs, can the relationships be built between the DBs to prefill data imported from Excel to these DBs? Or will I need a master layout with tables for each DB then create relationships between master layout/table occurrence/db table occurrence? 

Please help...Thank you so much!

Paul

Outcomes