AnsweredAssumed Answered

importing photos from iphoto

Question asked by battleshield on Oct 1, 2009
Latest reply on Oct 1, 2009 by battleshield

Title

importing photos from iphoto

I am building a database of wildflowers in FileMaker Pro 10 on my MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo with 4GB of SDRAM. I have Mac OS X 10.6.1 installed. I am looking for a way to import photos into FileMaker as quickly and easily as possible. I know I can drag and drop. This seems slow for a lot of photos and it imports the full size photo I seem to have read. I can also import from a folder and that means exporting the photos first and keeping them in that folder for them to keep appearing in FileMaker if I want a link and not the big full sized photo there in my file. This seems a waste of space as then I have the photos in iPhoto and also in another folder on my HD. So it seems I either have a big bloated file in filemaker or lots of room taken up on my computer with the duplicate photos. Is there a way to link photos directly from iPhoto to FileMaker Pro? I've looked in help in the program and online and can't seem to find an answer.

I am an intermediate user of FileMaker. I have used it for a long time but am self taught and there are big gaps in my knowledge, but I have built databases for work, a small concern.

The database I am importing the photos into already has fields for the names of the flowers, common and scientific and other info. I use the common name as the matching one for importing. 

I would be very grateful for some help, even if only to tell me there is no easy way.

Thanks

Battleshield 

Outcomes