1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 17, 2009 2:10 PM by philmodjunk

Importing records into "Contact Management" Database Disables Related Contacts Portal

fiddlerdave

Title

Importing records into "Contact Management" Database Disables Related Contacts Portal

Hi there,

I'm new to Filemaker Pro 10.  I am attempting to import tab-separated contacts from a spreadsheet into the "Contact Management" Starter Solution database that came with Filemaker.  I have lined up all my fields appropriately.  When I have completed the import, all the information seems to have come through correctly, but the portal for viewing Similars by Name/Company/City (Similars_By_Choice[1.4+]) on the Related Contacts Tab, doesn't appear to function any more.  It works only with contacts that I physically enter into the database, but does not work on any imported contacts.  In fact, if physically enter a record with a listing of "McDonalds" for Company, this record will bring up other similars of "McDonald" company that have been imported, but the imported "McDonalds" records will not bring up each other, or any of the hand entered "McDonald" records.  It is almost as if the (Similars_By_Choice[1.4+]) has been turned off in any imported records.  Any ideas?

Thanks

Dave