1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 12, 2013 8:20 AM by philmodjunk

Importing Records- Ver 11 Pro

CountryBoy1

Title

Importing Records- Ver 11 Pro

Using Filemaker Pro 11 Advanced

I make executables to run on other computers.  When I load a new
           version, I need to import data from the older version.
             Am never sure from which file to import from, because I see four
           different files (showing ALL files) with the same name as the application.

For Instance, assume the program is named RunMe.
            I will find the following:   (Date and Size are actual information)
                    Name              Type                                                            Date              Size
                    RunMe            Application                                              1/26/2011        9,567 KB
                    RunMe            Filemaker Pro 7 Runtime Database       7/01/2013       7,524 KB
                    RunMe            Filemaker Pro 7 Runtime Database       8/05/2013       7,784 KB
                    RunMe.V4E    V4E File                                                  11/28/2013      7,212 KB

The V4E extension is the extension given when the executable is built.  Don't
                 understand why a version 7 Runtime Database is shown for a version 11.

Which file do I use ?  Would appreciate your help.

• 1. Re: Importing Records- Ver 11 Pro
          philmodjunk

Versions 7 through 11 use the same file format and file extension, that's why you are seeing the files identified by this text.

Presumably, you should be importing data from the 7/01/2013 dated file into the 8/05/2013

the RunMe.V4E file looks very strange given that it has a date that is in the future so I don't really know what it might be here unless you've been having problems with your system clock.