1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 16, 2009 7:18 AM by TSGal

Importing Table - FileMaker Does Not Import All - Could This Be A Bug

afubeca

Title

Importing Table - FileMaker Does Not Import All - Could This Be A Bug

I am having a problem importing a particular type of table into FileMaker.

The table is is a CSV file.  When I open it in a program such as Large Text File Viewer I can see all 1.3 million records.  However, FileMaker will only bring in around 150,000. 

I am also importing related tables which are simlar and they are working just fine.

Is this a bug?  Has anyone experienced this before?  Do I need to try to open and save the file using another program?

Thanks for your help in advance.

• 1. Re: Importing Table - FileMaker Does Not Import All - Could This Be A Bug
          TSGal

afubeca:

Thank you for your post.

FileMaker Pro is encountering something in the CSV file that makes it stop importing.  Find the last imported record in the FileMaker Pro table, and then find the information in the CSV file.  Either the end of that record or the next record in the CSV file is probably causing FileMaker Pro to stop importing.  If you don't see anything wrong, try splitting the CSV file into two parts; the part that imports (150,000 records) and the remaining part to import (1,150,000 records).

Please let me know if you should run into any further difficulties. 

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.