AnsweredAssumed Answered

In each record, portal should show fields with the value of entries as they were and not change when...

Question asked by markhelm on Dec 3, 2014
Latest reply on Dec 4, 2014 by philmodjunk

Title

In each record, portal should show fields with the value of entries as they were and not change when the value of the field is changed

Hello all,

this is my first question on a forum so i hope this is clear :)

I am working for a dance company and am trying to make a database to keep track of our bookings. We have different shows with different crew members and in some shows we have double crews of which only one is touring at any given time. I managed to link shows to venues on specific dates and i now want to add the crew to that date. In my table "DATES" i use a portal that shows the "CREW" that is associated to a specific show. But i only want to show the crew that is actually going to perform on that specific date. I manage to filter the portal on base of a "touring" checkbox in the "crew" portal on the "SHOW" table. But if i need to make another Date for the same show but with another crew (and check other crew members as touring), my original list of crew members in the first DATE is changed. This is a problem since i use the list of CREW to calculate the price i should charge and to automatically make the contracts for the crew members. Can anyone tell me how i can LOOKUP the "CREW" members or copy them to another table that is then shown in the portal. I tried adding a button to the complete crew list to select the ones touring and copying it in another Table but this is not working. I'm really stuck on this. thank you

filemakerforum.jpg

Outcomes