1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 24, 2012 8:08 PM by schamblee

In the default Invoice template fields won't stay put after editing them???

RobMackintosh

Title

In the default Invoice template fields won't stay put after editing them???

Just purchased FM 12 pro and I am tring to edit the default invoice template to suit my needs and when I move the fields or make them wider they don't stay where I put them.

I am working on Windows 7 machine and after I save and preview or browse, the fields sort of pop back close to where they were.

To be specific, I like my invoice to have the "Qty" as the first field and the "Item" field is too short in width for the descriptions I use. So I eliminated the "Discount" field by deleting it and also deleted the "Part Number" field. I then moved "Qty" to the far left and brought "Item" field over next to it and stretched it out to take in the two deleted field spaces. When I browse or preview, the "Qty" field jumps back to overlap within the space of the "Item" field.

This really is frustrating. I have been using Filemaker Pro (much older version) on an older (now outdated) computer for the past 10 years, and this problem does not happen. The edit/browse functionality on my outdated version is very similar to FM12 pro... so I am not unfamilar with FM's edit process.

In the attached screen shot, you can see the problem. Both the Qty field and the Qty title move to overlap the item field.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

--Rob

FM12_problem.png