AnsweredAssumed Answered

Including Text Formatting in a Script

Question asked by stige on Jun 12, 2010
Latest reply on Jun 15, 2010 by stige

Title

Including Text Formatting in a Script

Hi There,

Very new forum member here (I've mostly been lurking) and novice, self taught Filemaker user.  I've done what I feel is reasonable due diligence in searching for similar questions but havn't been able to find any answers that suit my particular goals.

My Info: FM Pro 9.0v3, Win XP SP3, Shared, likely will be published with IWP or CWP

The question: I would like to make a timestap/account name bold and the rest of the text plain.

I have a text field  (Field #1) that is used to log activity.  It is only editable by Administraor and not the data entry people.  To log their activity in it they type their note in to a separate field (Field #2) and then activate a script that -

'Cut' Field #2 > Insert Timestamp > Insert Account Name > 'Paste' text to Field #2 > 'Cut' Field #2 > 'Paste' to Field #1

It runs with full admin provleges and works great.  It effectively adds a timestap and account name to the begining of their log entry.  However all the text that gets pasted in to Field #1 ends up looking like a long run-on sentence.  I'd like to add this visual indicator to differentiate individual entries.  Possibly add a slight color change, too.

Simply adding a carriage return is my current solution, to space everything out, but space is at a premim on this page because I need to keep this layout compact by user request and this won't be tenable long-term.

Thanks again for any help provided.

-d

Outcomes