AnsweredAssumed Answered

Inconsistent file launch using Open URL

Question asked by Montpelier on Feb 11, 2011
Latest reply on Feb 28, 2011 by Montpelier

Title

Inconsistent file launch using Open URL

We are using a database hosted on a server, one of the functions of which is storing a thumbnail of an image. The thumbnail is supposed to act as a button to launch the image file when clicked, and the script for the button is a basic Open URL [constructed filepath here]. 

The problem is that not all the image files are opening. Some images open for some users and not others. I personally can't open a single image using Open URL. There doesn't seem to be a pattern to which files do and do not open.  

I've tried running the script with "perform without dialog" unchecked, and if I copy and paste the generated filepath into my browser, the file opens fine. If I click continue, nothing happens. 

All computers, and the server computer, are running Windows XP. Everyone's using FMP 11, and we're running the latest version of Server 11. The filepaths should parse to the server machine (and apparently do, beacuse some of the images open).  All users have read/execute permission to the folders in which the image files are stored.

Does anyone have any idea what could be preventing some of the files from opening? Is this a script thing, a file thing, or a network thing?

Thanks,

MB

Outcomes