2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2010 11:48 AM by philmodjunk

Inconsistent fonts when printing in FileMaker Pro 9.0v3

Nothin'Fancy

Title

Inconsistent fonts when printing in FileMaker Pro 9.0v3

Howdy,

I'm finding that when attempting to print, there are font inconsistencies; one field will print in the incorrect font in a given record.  The field in question is inconsistent from record to record, and not all records have a font inconsistency problem.  All data was entered by typing, nothing by copying … I think.

I'm running Mac OSX 10.5.8, and am not a computer professional.

Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Much thanks,

Thad

• 1. Re: Inconsistent fonts when printing in FileMaker Pro 9.0v3
          Shoreline

Have you tried setting field format in layout mode?

• 2. Re: Inconsistent fonts when printing in FileMaker Pro 9.0v3
            philmodjunk

The most common explanation is that text format were applied to the text entered in the field. This can be due to pasted styled text but it can also be done by the user when they are typing in the data. You could select text in the field and select Bold or a different font, for example, and that format will only show in that record.

The solution to this is a function called TextFormatRemove.

You can use replace field contents on this field and use a calculation with this function to strip out all such formatting.

You can use this in a calculated auto-enter calculation to strip out the formatting each time a user attempts to enter formatted data.

You can define a calculation field that uses this function to display the contents of the field but without the formatting--lat allows you to keep the formatting if you need it in other layouts.

With all of the above options, once you've removed the formatting, you can select a text format for the field while in layout mode to specify a format that will be consistently applied to all the records.