2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 10, 2012 8:32 AM by NaturSalus

Increasing the size of an image in a container field

NaturSalus

Title

Increasing the size of an image in a container field

Hello,

Most of the times, the images stored on FM 12 container fields are of little use because their size is limited by the size of the container field itself. So, if you want to get a detailed image you must put it in a large container field. However, that option is not aesthetically desirable. 

Ideally, I would like the user to be able to click the image to get a bigger and more useful image on a popup window.

Other than putting the image in a bigger container field, is there any way to increase its size?

Thanks,

natursalus

• 1. Re: Increasing the size of an image in a container field
          philmodjunk

If you want a pop up window, why not put that larger container field on a different layout and use a script to open a new window with that larger container field? Won't that give you your "larger and more useful image on a popup window"?

You can also use a script (or in some cases) a double click to open the file in whatever default program your operating system is set to use to open a file of that particular file type. This would also open the image in a much larger window.

• 2. Re: Increasing the size of an image in a container field
            NaturSalus

Hello Phil,

Thanks for looking into my question.

If you want a pop up window, why not put that larger container field on a different layout and use a script to open a new window with that larger container field? Won't that give you your "larger and more useful image on a popup window"?

Sure that's an option.

I just wanted to make sure that  there were no other alternatives or that I was overlooking some hidden capabilities of FM 12...

Thanks,

natursalus