3 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2013 4:27 PM by philmodjunk

Index a Referenced Field

jacksrmd

Title

Index a Referenced Field

I have 2 related solutions.  1 solution = EE information; the other solution is my primary solution.  I want to speed up searches based on the ACTIVE/INACTIVE status, but I can't index the field from the EE table because its a referenced field.  Is there a work around that I can perform to get the result into the primary solution as text so that it can be indexed?

• 1. Re: Index a Referenced Field
          philmodjunk

"solution" means a file, a table?

EE information means?

Exactly how are you performing the find? Referenced field in what context? You are searching in the EE table via a relationship or you have a calcualtion defined in your first solution that is unstored due to referencing fields in the related table?

How is Active/Inactive status determined? in a calculation or is this a data field in "EE information"?

• 2. Re: Index a Referenced Field
            jacksrmd

Sorry for earlier post being so confusing Phil.  I've modified it:

I have 2 related tables.  Table A contains a calculated field, Status_Case, that references a calculated field from Table B, Active_Inactive. Active_Inactive INDEXES the calculated result as text within Table B. 

I want to speed up FIND REQUESTS based on the Status_Case, but I can't index Status_Case because of the error within the attached jpeg. 

Is there a work around that I can perform to be able to index Status_Case?

Thanks

• 3. Re: Index a Referenced Field
              philmodjunk

Remove the calculation field from your table.

Specify your find criteria in the Active_inactive field in the original table.