1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 28, 2014 12:05 PM by davidanders

Inherited Filemaker DB, looking for print options?

FilemakerUser

Title

Inherited Filemaker DB, looking for print options?

Hi all, no experience with Filemaker at all. I inherited a Filemaker install and the customer wants to preserve the data. They are looking to either migrate the data to MS SQL or they are even OK with printing every record (about 9000 records) as long as it can output like the form template that is seen on the screen within Filemaker. It's some kind of custom template that looks like a form that they use, the data just populates throughout the form in its designated boxes. If they are able to print each record, they can then scan it into PDF format and then easily store that anywhere. In fact, if there is a way to print all the records easily, this would be the preferred method.

The Filemaker database file being used is from version 5 and is about 30mb in size. We also have a license for Filemaker Pro 9.

I did find this article, but wasn't sure if that is what I needed. Again, the printing option works if I can do it in batches/multple records *and* it needs to print like how it looks on screen with the custom form:http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5557

I'm not sure what options we have at this point. If you could please provide me with some info/guidance on this, it would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know your thoughts, thanks.