1 Reply Latest reply on May 19, 2009 1:06 PM by TSGal

Insert foto (media-field)

DanielElsener

Title

Insert foto (media-field)

FileMaker-Version: 10 Pro

Hi, I'm very new to filemaker and I'm confronted with the following challenge:

We scan photos. While scanning we also create index-values for these photos. This works just fine - the index-values are loaded into filemaker and the photos are stored locally in TIFF format. We have a media-field for the photos. In this media-field within the scan process there will be the full path including the name of the photo stored. However, as a result in this media-field the path and filename is now shown as "text"-value instead that the photo is shown.

So how can I do it now to make the photos (or a preview of the photos) shown directly in filemaker?

Since we have 40'000 records in the filemaker db I don't want to link them by hand...do you see possibilities? If not directly in filemaker maybe with a script?

Thanks for your help!

• 1. Re: Insert foto (media-field)
          TSGal

Daniel Elsener:

Thank you for you post.

If you have the full path name to where the image is located in a Text field, then you can create a Calculation field that results in type Container.  Since you are using Windows, the formula would be:

"imagewin:" & <field name with path>

For instance, if the file is named Test.TIFF and is located on the Desktop for the current user "USER", the path name would be:

C:/Documents and Settings/USER/Desktop/Test.TIFF

If this information is stored in a Text field "FILEPATH", the calculation formula would be:

"imagewin:" & FILEPATH

This would then show a different image in each record; provided the filenames are different.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.