1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 16, 2014 8:11 AM by philmodjunk

Insert Merge Field  -

bkeenfm41

Title

Insert Merge Field  -

I am working on a report with a text field  that may range from two lines to several pages and I am using the insert merge field and would like to remove the blank lines from the report. I have selected the auto-resize option for layout objects and the report continues to show blank lines. I appreciate any comments or suggestions.

• 1. Re: Insert Merge Field  -
          philmodjunk

Did you select Auto-Size anchors or did you specify that the text object containing the merge field "slide up" and "resize enclosing part"?

The latter is what you would select, but this only produces a visible change when you are in preview mode or when printing/saving as PDF.

Key facts about sliding layout objects:

1. It's only visible in preview mode and when you print/save as PDF...
          3. Sliding fields will shrink but not expand.
          5. All layout objects below and in the same layout part as the slide/resize field need to also be set to slide up and resize.
          7. Objects in headers and footers will not slide.
          9. Portals will shrink/slide to fit the number of rows of records, but fields within the portal row will not shrink/slide.
          11. Fields will slide up only if Top alignment is specified for it and will slide left only if Left alignment is specified.
          13. Consistent side borders are difficult to achieve with sliding fields.
          15. In FMP13, hidden objects (”Hide object when”) will slide/resize.