4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2010 9:40 AM by CHFoster

Insert Picture...

CHFoster

Title

Insert Picture...

Hi,

I'm very new to Filemaker and I'm having a goofy litlle problem. I'm inserting a bunch of pictures into my FMP 11 database. I've inserted maybe 140 from two directories. Now I'm going to the third directory. FMP "insert picture" doesn't see the .jpg files. It sees the files in the other two directories. But it doesn't see any of the .jpg files in any of the 18 other directories containing pictures. I'm running win7 64 pro. They are not read only. As near as I can tell, they're no different from the pictures in the first two directories which worked fine. It isn't the extension, I've set the filters to "all" as well. No luck. If I copy a file from the 'bad' directory into the 'good,' FMP doesn't see it. If I copy a file from the good directory to the bad, it does not work either. So what could be true that blocks FMP from seeing .jpg files? As I said, it's nothing obvious (to me) in the attributes...

Thanks in advance,

Craig 

• 1. Re: Insert Picture...
          CHFoster

Hi all,

Ok, just to make it stranger but more consistent, I took all the photos from one of the directories where I could see photos and made a new directory and pasted those photos in. FMP can't see the DIRECTORY, let alone the pictures. These directories are all sub-directories of the same directory.

It's almost as if FMP can't see anything created after a certain time. I created all the directories yesterday or the day before but only created that last directory and most of the photos today. But that makes no sense...

I rebooted to see if that would help. It didin't.

Thanks in advance for your advice...

Craig

CHFoster wrote:

Hi,

I'm very new to Filemaker and I'm having a goofy litlle problem. I'm inserting a bunch of pictures into my FMP 11 database. I've inserted maybe 140 from two directories. Now I'm going to the third directory. FMP "insert picture" doesn't see the .jpg files. It sees the files in the other two directories. But it doesn't see any of the .jpg files in any of the 18 other directories containing pictures. I'm running win7 64 pro. They are not read only. As near as I can tell, they're no different from the pictures in the first two directories which worked fine. It isn't the extension, I'm set the filers to "all" as well. No luck. If I copy a file from the 'bad' directory into the 'good,' FMP sees it. OTOH if I copy a file from the good directory to the bad, it does not. So what could be true about a directory that blocks FMP from seeing .jpg files? As I said, it's nothing obvious (to me) in the attributes...

Thanks in advance,

Craig 

• 2. Re: Insert Picture...
            raybaudi

Which are the paths of the "bad" directories ?

• 3. Re: Insert Picture...
              CHFoster

raybaudi wrote:

Which are the paths of the "bad" directories ?

C:\Users\Craig Foster\Documents\Games\DDM\Pictures\2 Dragoneye\ is good.

C:\Users\Craig Foster\Documents\Games\DDM\Pictures\3 Archfiends\ is bad.

But it seems like it's about creation date. A findable file, copied into a findable directory becomes unfindable. New files are unfindable. Even a newly created directory is, itself, unfindable.

Thanks!

Craig

• 4. Re: Insert Picture...
                CHFoster

If I navigate there using "recent places" the pictures appear. If I navigate there using the normal directory pulldown at the top of the window, they do not.

The good news is I now have a workaround.

Craig