I need to create a bulleted list of items such as:-

• A dog
      •      
      • A cat sat on the mat
      •      
      • A flower grew in the garden
      •      
      • The aeroplane flew in the sky

The list items are all provided by the user as a field called line item in a table called line items.

I have a calculated field called indented line item that creates the bullets before each field:-

Line items::indented line items = " •  "&line item.

The problem that I need to resolve is when the length of the line item is longer than one line and it wraps around onto the next line. Then the second line starts before the bullet rather than being justified with the text (as I would like). can anybody help ? thanks

regards

Kaps

• 1. Re: Insert tab into list item
          philmodjunk

I have an iPhone solution where the text I insert has to form either a bulleted list, have an outline format or both.

" •" & Char ( 9 ) & line item

Will put a tab character between the bullet at the text in Line item. You can then use tab and indents settings  so that when the text wraps the left edge of the wrapped text is properly indented.

Example:

Set an indent of 5 pixels. Then set a first line indent of -5 pixels. Now set a left aligned tab stop also of 5 pixels.

If 5 pixels isn't enough, you can increase all three settings to what you need.

• 2. Re: Insert tab into list item
            raybaudi

You'll need to play, while in Layout Mode and with the calculated field selected, with:

Format > Line Spacing > Other... > Paragraph > Indent

Left   15 pt
            First -10 pt

or some value that is better suitable with your font.