2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2014 7:41 PM by NormD

Insert text (in front???)

NormD

Title

Insert text (in front???)

The "Insert Text" script automatically inserts the specified value at the end of the field's data. Can I not have it placed at the front of the field's data? I've exhausted my search for the answer. Has anybody done this?

• 1. Re: Insert text (in front???)
          philmodjunk

Set Selection could be used to put the cursor at the beginning of the text in the field for insert to then insert the data, but I'd just use set field to do this in a single script step:

Set Field [YourTable::Field ; "new Text Here " & YourTable::field ]

When Setting up Set Field, there are two Specify buttons that must be clicked. To get Set Field [Table::Field ; Expression], add set field to your script and click the first button (specify target field). Select Table::Field from the list of fields. Do not click the specify button next to the repetition box. Click OK to close this dialog box. Now click the lower specify button (calculated result) and create the expression to the right of the semicolon (;). Do not try to type in the semicolon.

• 2. Re: Insert text (in front???)
            NormD

Again, PhilModJunk... a big thank you. Works like a charm! I never would have thought of it from that angle.

I really appreciate the continued help in this forum.