1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 12, 2011 9:43 AM by philmodjunk

Insert two fields into an email message

straka_sh

Title

Insert two fields into an email message

I'd like to insert two fields into an email, run by a script...

example:

Dear <<Scouts_Register::first_name>>,

Thank you for registering to sell our popcorn for your fundraiser.  Your Seller ID is <<Scouts_Register::ID_seller>>.  Be sure to keep track of your Seller ID because your customers will need to enter it for all online orders.

I've tried to do the calculation portion with the arrow to the right of the message box and I've gotten it to just show up the first name (but that is all that then shows up in the box)... I'm having trouble getting everything I need to show up in the box. 

I've tried looking at a couple older posts, but I'm still unsure what to do.

I have a couple screenshots to show you what is happening...

Thanks!

Email_Scout_Script.GIF

• 1. Re: Insert two fields into an email message
          philmodjunk

Using what I see in your screen shot, a small change will make this work for you.

"Dear " & Scouts_Register::afname_First & ",

and then continue youre expression. Just add the quotes like I've shown and list the table::Field references outside the quotes with the ampersand (&) to concatentate everything to gether.

The Merge field notation only works as layout text not in calculations. You may have seen some examples where you create this type of text entry in a text field, then use the Substitute Function to replace the bracketed text with data from fields listed in the substitute function. This is a trick for creating a library of email form letters where you can just compose your form letter in a text field and let the calculation subsitute data from the current record in place of the fieldname placeholders.