3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2009 11:17 AM by mrvodka

insert year

ww

Title

insert year

I would like to have just the year inserted in a receipt acknowledging the year donations were made. I tried creating a "year" field, date, auto-enter with data box checked off with 2010 in its content area. But the field is blank. What is the proper approach to this?

• 1. Re: insert year
          davidanders

A date field requires a date (1/1/2010)

A date field occurance can be formatted to display just the year or just the month and year.

You could have two copies of the field on a report, for instance, one showing just the year, the other showing a standard date.

David Anders 

• 2. Re: insert year
            ww

davidanders,

Thank, but I still cannot figure out how to set this up. I guess I could just put a text field with 2010 in it but would like to not have to remember to manually update it each year. I have looked around in the manual and am still at a loss for finding how to specifically set this up. 

• 3. Re: insert year
              mrvodka

You should keep a normal date for the actual donation date. Then if you need a field for the year, then you can use a calculation of: Year ( DonationDate )

If it is only for display purposes, then you can put a copy of the DonationDate field on the layout, select it, and format the date with a custom date format of the year only.  ( format menu in layout mode )