2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2010 8:28 PM by TheBeeMan

Inserting a PS into a layout before printing

TheBeeMan

Title

Inserting a PS into a layout before printing

I am upgrading to FM11 on a windows computer and have a question.  I have a form letter I used to respond to customers and a script to send it to my printer and return back to the main menu.  My question is it possible to go to the layout (letter) have it pause to enter a PS and then have it print.  So far I have it going into a preview mode and I am unable to change or add any text.

• 1. Re: Inserting a PS into a layout before printing
          philmodjunk

Simply add the Pause/Resume Step just before you enter preview mode. (As you've found, you can't edit the data fields in any other mode.)

The other option might be to pop up a custom dialog with an input field to capture any PS entry. That could be done from Preview mode, I believe.

• 2. Re: Inserting a PS into a layout before printing
            TheBeeMan

I will give it a try, but I am trying to keep it as simple as possible as the one using the database has very little experience.

PhilModJunk wrote:

Simply add the Pause/Resume Step just before you enter preview mode. (As you've found, you can't edit the data fields in any other mode.)

The other option might be to pop up a custom dialog with an input field to capture any PS entry. That could be done from Preview mode, I believe.