4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2016 5:32 AM by tkemmere

Inserting PDF in container field, file path problemserting PDF in container field, file path problem

Etienned´Ursel

Title

Inserting PDF in container field, file path problemserting PDF in container field, file path problem

Hello,

I am trying to insert a pdf in a Container fiel  for each record of a list of invoices.   I noticed that in ordre to be able to open de Pdf in browse mode, one needs 1/ to optimise the container field for interactive content   2/ insert as a pdf and not as a file.

As seen in the french tutorial, I use a variable  ( $Chemin ) to construct a path to the desktop. I save the records on the desktop as pdf using that variable. 

However when I use the same variable to retrieve the Pdf from the desktop and to  insert it into the container field, I get an error message saying that the file cannot be found, although I use se same variable to store it there and to retrieve it immediately after that.

The amazing thing is that if  I replace the Insert PDF step by Insert File step leaving the remainder of the script identical, I do not an error and the file ( pdf ) gets retrieved and inserted in the container field.

However I then cannot open the Pdf by right clicking the container field in browse mode.

Any idea of why this is so?

Untitled_4.jpg