Not sure what you are describing here.
Using the add tab control button adds a tab control to your layout and opens a dialog where you can specify how many tabs you want, what text to use for a label on each tab and other settings.
Is this what you are seeing?
I'm using an existing database w/o tabs. I am trying to seperate key items using a tab layout. I have been able to create the tabs, but when I move items onto tab sheet, they appear on top of each other so that the tabs don't work like they should. I've spent 2 days on this and can't figure it out. I don't want to have to start over and reenter my data and I need to use the existing database.
Each object, layout text, field, button... that you want to add to a tab has to become attached to a specific tab in the tab control.
- Use the tab tool to create one or more tabs.
- After you dismiss the tab control dialog, if necessary, change the size of the tab control so that it is large enough for it's borders to fully enclose the objects you want to place inside the tab.
- Click on the tab to which you want to add objects.
- Drag an object over and place it on the tab so that it's selection handles (little black squares) are completely in side the borders of the tab.
- Check to see if the object is now part of the tab by dragging the entire tab control slightly. If it has become part of the tab, it will move with the tab control. If it has not, it won't move when you move the tab control.
- Repeat for each object you want to add to the tab.
I"ve done that and it works while in edit mode. When I save and change to the entry screen, I can see the info on the other tabs.........
Not if you've you've followed the steps I've posted exactly. Keep in mind that you have to first select the tab you want, then position objects on/in it.
I'll try again and will let you know. However, I'd DONE for today!! :smileyhappy:
Thanks so much for your help!!
Here's a step by step taken from a sample file. If you compare what I'm doing to what you did, it might give you a clue:
I have two fields on my layout: ForeignKey and SerialNumber with label text for each.
I click the Tab Control Button in the status area and draw a large rectangle on my screen.
I create two tabs named "Tab One" and "Tab Two" respectively.
I click on the Text tool, click inside Tab One and then enter a "1"
I then drag the field and layout text for ForeignKey so that both are completely inside the boundaries of the tab control.
I then click on Tab Two to select it. The objects I added to Tab One disappear.
I use the Text tool to add a "2" to this tab and drag the remaining field and label text onto this tab.
I save my changes and return to browse mode.
I can see Tab One with "1", the ForeignKey field and label
I click on Tab Two and I see "2", the serialNumber field and its label
I found what I was doing wrong. I was adding my tab in the header area therefore it would not function properly. I fixed it and it works great. Thanks so much for your help.