1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 20, 2011 8:42 AM by philmodjunk

INSTALL ON TIMER SCRIPT?

JessOttman

Title

INSTALL ON TIMER SCRIPT?

Hi

Im doing a plan forthe production of materials.

What i have is my main layout 'BUILD ORDER'and another layout 'PRODUCTION PLANNING'.When the build order has all its info added there are 3 fields the user must edit, STAGE/PRIORITY/STATUS. PRODUCTION PLANNING WILL BE USED FOR PEOPLE IN PRODUCTION WHO JUST NEED TO SEE THE ORDER. IT WILL BE DISPLAYED ON A WIDE SCREEN AND  SORT OF LOOK LIKE AN AIRPORT /DEPARTURE ARRIVAL SCREEN

STAGE HAS 4 OPTIONS: STAGE 1= BUILD ORDER

STAGE 2= PRODUCTION

STAGE 3 = COMPLETED

STAGE 4 = READY TO DESPATCH

and N/A so the script wont pick it up.

PRIORITY has three HIGH,MEDIUM,LOW these are generallykept the same throughout manufacturing stages unless the build order is changed

STATUS should really change in accordance with the STAGE field depending on the layout they are in.

IN PRODUCTION =PRODUCTION

PRODCUCT COMPLETED=COMPLETED

READY TO DESPATCH=READY TO DESPATCH

So what i need it to do is every 10 mins to udate itself and add to the production layout the products that were created on the build order layout. in accordance with what is in the status field,and when the script obtains WAITING in the status field in stage 1 It changes the value in it to IN PRODUCTION.and shows up on the Production layout. When the product is completed the person who has created it selects completed and so all the status fields change.

iF HOWEVER THE STATUS FIELD SAYS N/A THE SCRIPT DOESNT ADD THE INFORMATION INTO THE PRODUCTION LAYOUT JUST OVERLOOKS IT.

I hope this makes some sense im not even sure if it can be done!

Thanks

• 1. Re: INSTALL ON TIMER SCRIPT?
          philmodjunk

It can be done, but an understanding of the tables involved is needed here.

You have two layouts: Build Order, and Production Planning, but don't indicate if these layouts have different tables or have the same underlying table. If different tables, how they are related is significant.

Do you need a script that finds records, creates new records in a second table (for the second layout), and/or updates existing records?