1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 18, 2014 8:18 AM by philmodjunk

instant web publish only a restricted set of tables from a database

Jax

Title

instant web publish only a restricted set of tables from a database

Is it possible to restrict the tables that are visible via instant web publishing from a given database?

My problem is that the database contains sensitive data that I don't want to publish online. At the same time one of the tables contains unproblematic data that I do like to make accessible on the web. I'm wondering whether it's possible to web publish only table A of database 1 but not table B, C, or D.

I only see the possibility to restrict users to read-only access but nothing regarding which table in the database.

IWP_options.png

• 1. Re: instant web publish only a restricted set of tables from a database
          philmodjunk

In order for data to be accessible, there must be a layout that can access that data. It would seem that you only need to limit your web users to a layout or layouts that do not access the data from the tables you do not want to be accessible.

You can create new accounts with new privilege sets with access privileges that only allow access to specific layouts. You can also use a start up script that opens to a restricted layout and control the interface such that they can't navigate to layouts you don't want them to access.