2 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2009 1:18 PM by TSGal

Instant web publishing

dgw5079

Title

Instant web publishing

Hello, I am (trying to) running Filemaker Pro 10 on a Mac OS X 10.5.7 and trying to web publish some of my fmpro data bases but I see no where to activate Instant Web Publishing. The only option under sharing is filemaker network. I cannot find the instant web publishing anywhere on my fmpro 10. Any help would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: Instant web publishing
          mmccarty
             I am pretty sure that you have to have FileMaker Server to use IWP. I don't think you can publish a Filemaker database to the web on any old server.
          • 2. Re: Instant web publishing
            TSGal

dgw5079:

Thank you for your post.

Instant Web Publishing is definitely available under FileMaker Pro 10.  If you are only seeing "FileMaker Network..." under File -> Sharing, then either this wasn't initially installed, or your account doesn't give you this permission.

Try creating a new database file with one table, one field, and one record.  Pull down the File menu and select "Sharing".  Does Instant Web Publishing now show?  If so, then you will need to log into the old file with full read/write privileges.  If Instant Web Publishing does not show, I would uninstall and do a full reinstall of FileMaker Pro 10.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.