2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2014 1:40 AM by Kaps_1

Instant Web Publishing

Kaps_1

Title

Instant Web Publishing

Hello & Happy New Year,

I am trying to incorporate Instant Web Publishing in one of my Filemaker 12 solutions. I understand that for IWP to work, the layout needs to be classic theme. However, I only want people viewing via the web to have access to one screen - not ythe whole database.

So can I have my chosen layout for IWP as classic theme and the rest other themes, or does my entire database have to be in classic theme ? I am writing a script that runs at start up to determine whether a user is coming in via the web or via filemaker client. Thanks

regards

Kaps

• 1. Re: Instant Web Publishing
          RickWhitelaw

Although IWP only supports Classic theme, I don't believe this would prevent users from viewing layouts that have another theme attached. Why don't you have a stripped down version of the solution to run on IWP?  Simply delete all layouts you don't need and save under a different name.

my 2 cents . . .

• 2. Re: Instant Web Publishing
            Kaps_1

I found the answer - it is possible to do as I wanted. My problem was that in my start up script, I had a custom dialog box, to tell me which privilege set I was using. However dialog boxes are not compatible with IWP - and that was causing the error. I removed the dialogue box and everything was fine.