9 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2009 3:42 AM by Jens Teich

Instant Web Publishing (IWP) Compatibility of some key features

TomM

Title

Instant Web Publishing (IWP) Compatibility of some key features

Hi,

After spending a few weeks knocking together a nice little database system I'm now wanting to make it accessible over the web, and IWP seemed perfect. BUT, when accessing it in a browser I'm seeing a few problems...

1) On a layout I have several Pop-up menu boxes, one of which works, but the others dont. I can't click on them at all. When I click on the one that works the little up/down arrow symbol button appears at the end of each box, but even then I can't click on the other boxes. They all work fine from within FileMaker Pro.

2) Similarly, for each menu box on the same layout there is a button, but only the button next to the menu box that works actually works. I can't click on the other buttons at all. They all work fine from within FileMaker Pro.

3) I've got a few Print buttons set up but these don't work in a browser either. I can see from the list of operations in FM that this isn't supported in IWP, but is there an alternative way to trigger a print?

4) I have several list boxes set up that allow multiple selections. These don't work in a browser either, but work fine from within FileMaker Pro. Is there a way to support multiple selection boxes in IWP? 

Hopefully someone can shed some light on some/all of these.

I'm running FileMaker Pro 10, on Mac OS X (10.5.6). I've tried browsing from both Safari and Firefox but see the same results. :-(

Any ideas?

Tom.