AnsweredAssumed Answered

Instant Web Publishing (IWP) Compatibility of some key features

Question asked by TomM on Jan 12, 2009
Latest reply on Jan 13, 2009 by Jens Teich

Title

Instant Web Publishing (IWP) Compatibility of some key features

Hi,

After spending a few weeks knocking together a nice little database system I'm now wanting to make it accessible over the web, and IWP seemed perfect. BUT, when accessing it in a browser I'm seeing a few problems...

1) On a layout I have several Pop-up menu boxes, one of which works, but the others dont. I can't click on them at all. When I click on the one that works the little up/down arrow symbol button appears at the end of each box, but even then I can't click on the other boxes. They all work fine from within FileMaker Pro.

2) Similarly, for each menu box on the same layout there is a button, but only the button next to the menu box that works actually works. I can't click on the other buttons at all. They all work fine from within FileMaker Pro.

3) I've got a few Print buttons set up but these don't work in a browser either. I can see from the list of operations in FM that this isn't supported in IWP, but is there an alternative way to trigger a print?

4) I have several list boxes set up that allow multiple selections. These don't work in a browser either, but work fine from within FileMaker Pro. Is there a way to support multiple selection boxes in IWP? 

Hopefully someone can shed some light on some/all of these.

I'm running FileMaker Pro 10, on Mac OS X (10.5.6). I've tried browsing from both Safari and Firefox but see the same results. :-(

Any ideas?

Tom. 

Outcomes