2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2010 5:43 PM by LarryGoldman

Instant Web Publishing could not be started using FMP Advanced 10.0v3 Mac OS X 10.6.4

LarryGoldman

Title

Instant Web Publishing could not be started using FMP Advanced 10.0v3 Mac OS X 10.6.4

IWP could not be started using FMP Adv 10.0v3 on Mac OS X 10.6.4. Upon clicking the "On" button, there is a long delay (spinning color wheel), then the "On" button activates for a moment, then the error window appears. I never get a chance to specify the port.  I've turned off all sharing services, tried deleting preferences, still no joy. 

Do we know for sure the IWP works with FMP Adv 10.0v3 and Mac OS X 10.6.4?

Here are console logs that were generated (no other error messages):

7/27/10 12:59:16 PM Firewall[68] FileMaker Pro is listening from ::ffff:0.0.0.0:5003 proto=6

7/27/10 12:59:16 PM Firewall[68] fmiwppf is listening from 0.0.0.0:16017 proto=6

7/27/10 12:59:16 PM Firewall[68] fmiwppf is listening from 0.0.0.0:591 proto=6

7/27/10 12:59:16 PM Firewall[68] FM Web Publishin is listening from ::ffff:0.0.0.0:49312 proto=6

• 1. Re: Instant Web Publishing could not be started using FMP Advanced 10.0v3 Mac OS X 10.6.4

Larry Goldman:

Thank you for posting.

One possible reason why Instant Web Publishing would not start is permissions. Are you currently logged in to the machine with an Admin account, especially the one that was used to install FMP?

Another possibility is a corrupt web.prefs file. Please try deleting this file and restarting the Instant Web Publishing:

/Applications/FileMaker Pro 10 Advanced/Extensions/Web Support/web.prefs

Also, what is the exact error message you receive?

TSuki
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Instant Web Publishing could not be started using FMP Advanced 10.0v3 Mac OS X 10.6.4
            LarryGoldman

Deleting the web.prefs worked! They probably got corrupted when I turned on IWP while Web Sharing was also on and the ports conflicted. This time, I set the IWP port to the Filemaker port 591 with Web Sharing off, then turned WS back on.

I was not expecting Filemaker to be writing a preference file within /Applications/ -- I would have expected it to be in /Library/Preferences/. Also, renaming the file to com.filemaker.web.prefs would make it much easier identify in a search, than the generically named web.prefs.

Thanks for your help!