AnsweredAssumed Answered

instant web publishing log in without log in screen

Question asked by BobAdam on Feb 3, 2009
Latest reply on Apr 23, 2010 by mattbethe

Title

instant web publishing log in without log in screen

fmp 10

I know I can set guest log in with instant web privlages and remove this privlage from all other accounts and skip the account / password screen from the web. this works fine. But a help document says yo can re log in once on the web to a user with more privlages such as an admin user. But I can't us any account that does not have instant web privlages selected. and if any other account has instant web privlages selected I can't bypass the log in screen. Is there any way out of this catch 22. The text from the help document is below.

I would like a log in without password with low access and have the ability to trigger a admin access log in once in the file. 

• NOTE: Only the guest account can have the Instant Web Publishing privilege set.  Remove this privilege from all other enabled accounts in order to have automatic login without account login prompts. 
  • Web users are not prompted for an account name and password when opening a file. All web users will automatically log in with the Guest account and assume the Guest account privileges. You can let users change their login accounts from a web browser with the Relogin script step (for example, to switch from the Guest account to another, more full-featured account).

Outcomes