2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2010 3:52 PM by CarlaS

Instant Web Publishing Question

CarlaS

Title

Instant Web Publishing Question

I am having my hand at Instant Web Publishing for the first time and am having a problem.

I have Instant Web Publishing turned on in File Sharing.  I can view my database in a browser and I can create new records, but when I enter data in the new record and click the submit button, it does not update the database.  The new record is there, but all fields are blank.  Also, after clicking submit button in the web browser, the data in the fields disappears.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Carla

BACKGROUND INFO:

We are using Filemaker Pro 10 Advanced and Filemaker Server 10 Advanced. Filemaker Server Advanced is running on a Windows PC server. We have about 25 Filemaker client users (both Mac & PC). We also have non-Filemaker client users for employees company wide to access a couple of layouts via Custom Web Publishing. Our company has been using this Filemaker database since 1998. I personally have been using Filemaker since the late 1980’s when it was called Claris Works. We just recently upgraded from Filemaker 5 to Filemaker 10 and are in the process of a major overhaul of the entire database. Records in the main table represent individual marketing jobs (usually print jobs - i.e. brochure, forms book, mailer, etc.). Then, we have about 18 related tables for tracking various aspects of a job through the production schedule, from job initiation to completion. It tracks milestone due dates, design specs, licensing information, inventory, distribution, costs, etc.

• 1. Re: Instant Web Publishing Question
          davidanders

The Filemaker user or group may be set to a limited access that would prevent editing.

The system user or group may not have write privileges on the server.

• 2. Re: Instant Web Publishing Question
            CarlaS

David,

I am logging into the file in a browser via IWP with a full access user login.  I am accessing it via a browser on the same machine that file resides on.

Extended Privileges on the Edit Privilege Set screen are set to "Access via Instant Web Publisning (fmiwp)" and "Access via FileMaker Network (fmapp)".

When I create a new record via IWP, the auto-fill fields do auto-fill, but any data that I enter in the browser does not get saved to the record.

Help!

Thanks!

Carla