3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2009 10:27 AM by TSGal

Instant Web Publishing, External Filemaker Table.  Not showing up?

ijames

Title

Instant Web Publishing, External Filemaker Table.  Not showing up?

Hi,

Am not understanding something about web publishing.

I created a new Database (call it "Shell") in Filemaker Pro Advanced 10.  I then linked a table from another Filemaker Pro database (in the same folder on the computer) to this new Database.

I created a simple layout which lists records from the linked external table.  I have web published the Shell database.

When I go to a browser, I can look at the layout and it shows me <File Missing> for each field of each record.

Am I not allowed to have linked tables appear?  I tried to give priviliges to the external table but that didn't seem to help.

How can I create a Shell database that links in particular aspects of other databases?

Thanks! 

James 

• 1. Re: Instant Web Publishing, External Filemaker Table.  Not showing up?
          obeechi

I don't have the answer for you, cause I haven't played around with either IWP enough, and have never linked two different file's table's fields. 

I can say that if you seeing this in plain old FileMaker (not IWP) then what's happening is that you need to go to layout mode and see what the underlying table_occurrence for the layout is, and then also see what the underlying table_occurrence::field is for each field in the layout. Both layout and the field in the layout need to be based on exactly the same underlying table_occurrence.  

• 2. Re: Instant Web Publishing, External Filemaker Table.  Not showing up?
            ijames

Thanks for the reply.

It works fine through FMP 10 Advanced application.  

So it's something specific to serving up the shell database with the layout in the shell's database file, while displaying the data from the external file's table...

James 

• 3. Re: Instant Web Publishing, External Filemaker Table.  Not showing up?
              TSGal

ljames:

Thank you for your post.

Make sure you have Instant Web Publishing turned on, and have access set to All Users for both files.  If the second file access is set to "No Users", then you will not see the data from the second file.

That is, pull down the File menu and select "Sharing -> Instant Web Publishing..."   Assuming Instant Web Publishing is turned on, click on the second file in the bottom left corner, and to the right of that, set the access to "All Users".

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.