3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2009 2:10 PM by TSGal

Instant Web Publishing....

laneystewart

Title

Instant Web Publishing....

I have been trying to web publish a database from my FMPro Advanced V10 Client on my computer.  I have an open script that is to direct the user to a specific layout and check the account name.  I have not been successful in getting this to work.  I did the update for web publishing 10.v.1a and it still does not recognize the web version as the application version.  Has anyone else encounted this??  If so, how did you get by it??

Elayne

:smileymad: 

• 1. Re: Instant Web Publishing....
          TSGal

laneystewart:

Thank you for your post.

To activate web publishing, open the database file as you normally would, and then pull down the File menu and select "Sharing -> Instant Web Publishing...".   Turn on Instant Web Publishing, and the IP Address of the machine will be displayed.  In the lower left of the window, select the database file, and in the lower right of the window, set the Instant Web Publishing access to "All users".

Now, go to another machine, launch a browser and enter:

http://<IP address of host machine>

You should then be presented with the Instant Web Publishing page where you can select the file.  You will then be presented with a User Name and Password.

In your open script, use Get (ApplicationVersion) to determine if if the file is being accessed by Instant Web Publishing.  If this is not working for you, please display your open script steps.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Instant Web Publishing....
            laneystewart

OK, So I got away from this database but now have to try to finish it.  Here is my Open Script:

If[Get (ApplicationVersion) = "Web"]

Show/Hide Status Area [Hide]

Go to Layout ["Opening Page"]

Enter Find Mode [Pause]

This is not taking the web user to the Opening page that I want to force them thru a find for a department.  Any idea's as to why???  I did this same type of open script in another database in 8.5 and it worked fine.  HELP!!!

Elayne

• 3. Re: Instant Web Publishing....
              TSGal

laneystewart:

Thank you for your post.

Get (ApplicationVersion) will return "FileMaker Web Publishing 10.0v2" when accessing via Instant Web Publishing.  Therefore, you need to modify your first "If" script step:

If [ PatternCount ( Get ( ApplicationVersion ) ; "Web" ] > 0 ]

Show/Hide Status Area [ Hide ]

Go to Layout [ "Opening Page" ]

Enter Find Mode [ Pause ]

etc.

You can also use the Position function to check for "Web".

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.