AnsweredAssumed Answered

Introduction

Question asked by NathanMorefield on Dec 4, 2012
Latest reply on Dec 4, 2012 by JimMac

Title

Introduction & First Newbie Question

Hi all,

I just came on board with a small manufacturing company that uses FileMaker Pro 9 as their quoting, order entry and ERP system.  I'm brand new to FileMaker, but have experience with a few other CRMs and ERP systems so I have a pretty good idea of what I'd like to be able to do down the road. Eventually I'm hoping to have the ability to build reports/queries, etc.

But in the short term, I'm wondering if there is a way to find the raw data the FileMaker is referenceing (maybe in .dbo format?) so that I can create some simple MS Access queries. In previous roles, I was able to link to the raw data from the ERP system to run reports in Access, so I'm far more familiar with Access it this point.

My goal is to show my management what such reports can bring to the organization so they'll give me permission to head up a project to revamp the way we use FileMaker; and create the reporting functionality within Filemaker - something we're not doing now.

Is there a way to determine where this data is form within FileMaker?  What file extension(s) should I be looking for?

Thanks and appologies if my newbie question is way off.

Outcomes