AnsweredAssumed Answered

Inventory database on an item basis

Question asked by MarieGuyon on May 22, 2014
Latest reply on May 27, 2014 by philmodjunk

Title

Inventory database on an item basis

Hi everyone

Im hoping someone can point me in the right direction. :)

I'm a beginner and currently building an inventory database for my home business. I have successfully created products, suppliers, customers, purchase orders, purchase order items, customer order and customer order items tables :)

So I can now create purchase orders and customers orders and I also have a table that show my total inventory per product per category (ordered, in transit, shipped, etc).

Next step is for me to create a detailed inventory table (?) where 1 product = 1 record. So the first records in that table would be manually created from my initial stocktake then next records would be created every time I create a purchase order. First issue I see is that my purchase order can have several item per record : 1 line in the order can be for 3 items of the same product. So I'd need to then create 3 records in my detailed inventory table.

Is this doable? I feel like I'm bitting bigger than I can chew. If you know of any example that could stir me in the right direction that would be lovely.

Thanks

Lili

Outcomes