1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 6, 2010 10:17 AM by philmodjunk

Invoice Template - Combining Service with Product in the same Invoice

AndreTomasOrmset

Title

Invoice Template - Combining Service with Product in the same Invoice

Hi there. I'm new to Filemaker and I'm using the Invoice Template that comes along when you purchase Filemaker Pro. It works very well, but I would like it to be able to combine Services to customer with Products, in the same invoice.

The only way to get around this, as a new beginner, is to create a Service to a customer as a Product, and assign it a certain amount of stock. This is wrong because it will show as a part of the inventory when I want to see the reports of my inventory. I also use a template for billing which works fine, but how to combine this one with the Invoice table?

I would appreciate some help from anyone:-) thanks a lot.

Regards

Andre

• 1. Re: Invoice Template - Combining Service with Product in the same Invoice
          philmodjunk

I believe you can set this up so that your service is a "noninventory" item. You'll have to analyze how the starter solution's scripts manage inventory, but I believe there's a way to do this.

Note: I've played with this systems approach to inventory management enough to discover a number of ways that user errors can create inventory errors. I recommend that you learn how the scripts do this so that you can eventually, "plug the holes" so that your solution isn't as vulnerable to user error as the starter solution.