AnsweredAssumed Answered

Invoice Template problem

Question asked by ColinFielder on Oct 10, 2010
Latest reply on Nov 5, 2010 by philmodjunk

Title

Invoice Template problem

Hi, I am totally new to Filemaker as of a week ago so please excuse my ignorance. I Am setting up a database for a friend's company that still takes down new orders on scraps of paper!!

Anyway the Invoice template looks to have enough functionality for what we need + a few changes I have already made. Now despite my trying, I cannot fathom this out.-- When creating a new invoice, clicking into either  of the Ship To or Bill To object boxes, the customer name list is displayed via the pop up menu. I just want to search this list as I can see once it runs into the hundreds it would take some time to find the choosen customer. The list is populated via a value list specifying CustomerID & Full Name from the Customers table. Once the customer is selected from the list all the address details are automatically loaded.

Currently the only way I can see to search the list is to scroll up/down with the arrow keys.

Tried conditional formatting in the object box using date but that doesn't work.

Ideally I would like the current customer only inputted into the Invoice form without the need for the list, perhaps by a script box on the Customer Record layout.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, thankyou.

Outcomes