4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2013 4:29 AM by fysio2008

Invoice with different payer

fysio2008

Title

Invoice with different payer

Hi.

I am trying to setup my invoice part of my patient database, so that I can choose a different payer than the patient. Sometimes it is an insurance company, the patients company, etc that should be billed.

In the patients table I have the following fields:

PatientName

PatientRoad

PatientRoadNumber

PatientZip

PatientCity

PatientCompany

I would like to be able to click a two choices radiobutton: ("Patient " and "Company")(I would like to avoid to click on a button/run a script every time I need to generate the billing address as the billing address would rarely change. That´s why I would like a radiobutton) and depending on what radiobutton I have marked, I would like the following fields (I have created in the invoice table) to be populated :

PayerName

PayerRoad

PayerRoadNumber

PayerZip

PayerCity

If I mark the "Patient" radiobutton it should get the information from the patient table field mentioned in the beginning.

If I mark the "Company" radiobutton it would be perfect if it could get the information from PatientCompany (which is a valuelist and just the name of the company) or, if the company is not created in this list, just manually input it.

My plan was to use "PayerName"... etc as a merge field on the invoice layout to get the correct information on the invoice.

I need it to be a lookup of some kind, so that all the former invoices of the patient don´t change when I make changes to the payer ( I know that I could probably use "set field" in a script if the changing of all the former invoices wasn´t a problem, but I don´t know if I could create it somehow different)

Any thoughts on how it can be done would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

• 1. Re: Invoice with different payer
          gcatnine

I have already developed a similar solution.

I store in the same table patient and companies (they share many similar data),

my invoices have two filed looking to the ID in the above table:

patient ID

Invoice_patient ID

when invoices directly the patient, the two field have the same data

so I can address the patient data and the company to be invoiced fata

• 2. Re: Invoice with different payer
            fysio2008

Hi Gianandrea.

Thank you for your reply.

I am not quite sure if I understand have you have set it up.

Could you be a little more specific?

• 3. Re: Invoice with different payer
              gcatnine

I use only one table to store data about patients and companies (you have two patient and payers)

In the invoice table I have two fields that are related with 2 patients TOC; first is the id of the examined patient and the second the ID of the payer. In the case the patient is the payer, the 2 field store the same ID.

This allow me to use the same scripts and layouts f.i. to search and select the payer company, etc.

hope it is clear

• 4. Re: Invoice with different payer
                fysio2008

Got it!

Thank you Gianandrea.

It was the 2 TOC I didn´t get right.