5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2010 9:13 AM by philmodjunk

Invoicing problems Please Help!!

CharlieFlavell

Title

Invoicing problems Please Help!!

Hi, I hope someone can help me.

The previous help I have had has been invaluable, many thanks. My invoicing was fine until today something has changed. When I try and invoice now, the separate parts lines have disappeared. It seems if I change the centre section to "leading grand summary" I only see the first part listed and then the sum of all the parts that should be visible in the total.

If I change the centre section to "Body" I get the rest of the part numbers and products except each one is separated by a large space and the re-occurence of the " part number, Product name line" which means that an invoice of say 5 different parts is now spread over 2 pages.

Please help this program is driving me insane!!

Many thanks Charlie. 

• 1. Re: Invoicing problems Please Help!!
          philmodjunk

We need more info. How have you designed your invoicing system?

Does it follow this typical pattern?

Invoices---<LineItems>----Products

Describe how your layout is designed to list multiple parts. Is this a list view, table view? Did you use a portal?

What version of filemaker are you using?

• 2. Re: Invoicing problems Please Help!!
            bcooney

I haven't reviewed any of your previous posts, so I'm not familiar with your setup. However, a typical Invoice system prints from the InvLineItems table. Sounds like this is what you're doing. The structure of that layout is Header Part (Customer, InvID, Date and the titles of the line items section); Body Part (as tall as the fields in it. PartID, Desc, Qty, Cost, Ext.); Trailing Grand Sum (totals); Footer.

• 3. Re: Invoicing problems Please Help!!
              CharlieFlavell

Hi Phil + bcooney. Many thanks for your posts. I opened up a new invoices section yesterday and just copied the layout so that mine was exactly the same. It seems to have worked for now and still don't know how I managed to change the original so drastically. Is there a way you can have multiple users on the system but only the admin can make changes to the layout? Does everyone else find this program over complicated or is it just me!?

Thanks again 

Charlie. 

• 4. Re: Invoicing problems Please Help!!
                CharlieFlavell

Hi just a quick question,

Are you able to create quotes with filemaker (pro 11)? If it is possible, are you able to then convert the quote to an invoice?

Many thanks.

Charlie 

• 5. Re: Invoicing problems Please Help!!
                  philmodjunk

To answer your quick question. It is possible to do that with filemaker.

I really can't help you any further than that as I have no real idea as to how you've constructed your database.

Did you start from a template file from filemaker? If so, which one and which version of filemaker are you using?