AnsweredAssumed Answered

Invoicing- Customer information autofill

Question asked by AndrewCabrera_1 on Nov 27, 2013
Latest reply on Dec 6, 2013 by AndrewCabrera

Title

Invoicing- Customer information autofill

Hello Ladies and Gents,

Can't seem to get my invoice form to auto fill the customer informtion. I'm trying to have a similar setup as quickbooks where I can select the customers name and then it auto fills the billing address. Any advice?

Also on a simpler note (hopefully) can anyone tell me how to lock forms once they are filled out, so that someone can not go to it and change/ delete information. Again kind of like quick books where i can "save" to prevent editing of forms

- My current database is centered around the video provided by Guys Stevens. with some personal modifications tailored to what i need. I currently have my customer information form linked to the invocie form through a balance sheet like in the video. Also I tried putting a portal in the invoice page selecting bring in data from my cutomers information form but it keeps coming out blank. 

A couple of my guesses are that problems might be occuring because:

1) the two forms are not directly related, so thats why the portal isnt working...but i have a simlar portal working through the balance sheet for other forms

2) Im not selecting the correct relationship setup (see picture)

3) im just going full retard 

http://youtu.be/9vKzIGXWv7s

Pic_1.png

Outcomes