AnsweredAssumed Answered

Is Filemaker right for my new startup.

Question asked by JohnDean on Nov 20, 2012
Latest reply on Nov 20, 2012 by JimMac

Title

Is Filemaker right for my new startup.

All 

I apologise if these subjects have been covered before in other posts.

i am setting up a new company and want to get my database fit from the start to minimise labour costs and maximise effiency.

as with all things these days there is a wealth of choice on the market. I was hoping the forum could tell advise me if FileMaker will work for my needs.

I have a few requirements that I have attached below, but as I am sure it is clear I am no expert, novice might be a better description.

i will have a website with an online form for new customers to register for my service, I want this data to auto fill a new record on my database and then auto e-mail out a welcome note including a unique customer number and password. Then send their address to my print que for an address label to be printed.

in addition to this customer database, I will have another smaller database that the customer can access from the website, telling them how much money they have earned as part of a reward scheme.

this database needs to be populated with data from my customer database.

i hope I am not confusing people, as sometimes I start to confuse myself.

my plan was to host my customer database on my office network, and the smaller on with my web host, however I am not sure that is the best course of action.

any help or advice is very welcome.

kind Regards

John

image.jpg

Outcomes