AnsweredAssumed Answered

is filemaker right for my retail business

Question asked by fantasysystems on May 10, 2009
Latest reply on Jun 3, 2009 by fantasysystems

Title

is filemaker right for my retail business

hi i have a small retail business that is taking off, i have about 600 customers, so it got really hard to keep track by pencil and paper, i'm looking for a database software... i started with bento i really like the interface =) but inventory and sales don't communicate like filemaker pro does, all though i still don't know how to work it! =(,(is really hard for me since this is the first time i touch a software this dence) so i was wondering if this is even the right sofware for my, i do sales trough a website like ebay, so i want a contact manage software let's say bento but i keep and inventory too, i wish to make a sale and have a software tell me if the the product is in inventory that is pretty much it, if it can give me estimates in sales in a month or yearly is a +, so i see that filemaker pro does what i need but it looks soooo complicated please help me =(

also I  have my database of customers in bento already and i want to take all my data base from bento to filemaker pro, and i did but i have like a table view in filemaker pro, can bring this info and have each customer in an individual layout? and like choose from all the individual layouts that filemaker pro offers when I start a database from scratch in the program?, let me know if my questions makes any sense i tried explaining it s best as i could i'm all new to this database stuff thanks in advance 

Outcomes