AnsweredAssumed Answered

Is FileMaker the right solution for me?

Question asked by Storm1 on Jan 28, 2009
Latest reply on Jan 30, 2009 by Storm1

Title

Is FileMaker the right solution for me?

Hi everyone,

I work for a small company that deals with a large amount of customers. We are 4 people currently organizing our customers and contacts individually through Excel. As the number of clients in the spreadsheet rises, so does the trouble finding the right client - especially when I have to find details in one of my colleagues' spreadsheets.

We are looking for a piece of software that allows us to share the same database, e.g. if I type in the details for a new client this information will be available for my colleagues through his or her computer (on the same local network). We want software that let us all to work on the same database simultaneously without overwriting each other's entries (we had this problem while sharing spreadsheets through Excel).

Our needs are pretty basic, as the database only holds contact info and notes on our clients - it's solely the possibility of working on the same database simultaneously without technical issues or loss of data that we are looking for.

Is FileMaker the solution we are looking for? Can this programme allow us to work on the same database through a local network simultaneously? And if so, what are the required software packages?

Thanks,

-Simon 

Outcomes