5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2011 8:36 AM by philmodjunk

Is it possible in FM Pro Advanced 11? If so, how might I go about it?

JamesBlaine

Title

Is it possible in FM Pro Advanced 11? If so, how might I go about it?

Problem

Customers request Pricing catalog or product flyer be sent to them via email

So I have created a table with .PDF file contained in a container field of the requested material and link it to the customer table using a one to many link. i.e.:    cutomer--------------- = --------------<flyers

My Question (Hope I explain this well enough)

How can I do a look up from the customer table of the customers email address and use to send the email without actually adding the email to the flyer table. In other words is their some way to get the email address and possibly keep it in memory until it is used or copy and paste it, use it, then delete it from the flyers table?

I have a working script that does something similar in my invoice table. Only it creates the PDF file and attaches it t an email. (However, the invoice table has the email address contained in it looked up from the customers table. In this new senerio I would like to use the email address after I look up the right customer from the customer table to send the information to.

Maybe someone has a script that they would like to share or a proven work around they would like to share.

Thanks to all who take the time to help with this problem,

Jim