AnsweredAssumed Answered

Is it possible to make a table and connect it to records

Question asked by AndrewBaker on May 31, 2011
Latest reply on Jun 1, 2011 by philmodjunk

Title

Is it possible to make a table and connect it to records

Hello, I've recieved some good support from this forum and I appreciate it. I have 2 questions.

1. I have a drop down menu and it does not change between records. If I change it in one record it changes like that for all of the records. I'm sure there's a way to stop this I just don't know how. Is it related to the magnifying glass in the corner?

2. I want to make a table that signifies sections in a box. Each section represents a product. I'd like to have a record for each individual product in each section of the box. So, I want the table to have the name of each product in its own cell which corresponds to how the actual, physical box is organized. I want each title in its cell to be able to be clicked on in the table to bring up its record and all of the products information. I hope this makes sense. There has to be a way to do this.

I've attached a picture of the table I have now, notice how each cell has a title. I want this exact same table in fileMaker but imagine you click on the title and the record for that product comes up with all the info for that product. Like a cross reference application.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Andrew

TRIM_YXN_shot1.JPG

Outcomes