3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2011 11:53 AM by philmodjunk

Is it possible to return to a script from a URL?

RCaauwe

Title

Is it possible to return to a script from a URL?

In my FM Pro 11 script I need to exit to a URL and get an Excel file.  That works.  But is there a way to return to my script when i exit the URL?

• 1. Re: Is it possible to return to a script from a URL?
          philmodjunk

Can you explain that in more detail?

You are using Open URL to open the Excel file?

And then what do you need to happen?

You can certainly add more script steps after the Open URL step, but they will not wait for the file to open.

You can pause the script after the Open URL, but now you have to click continue or press the Enter key to continue the paused script.

Neither of which may do exactly what you need here...

• 2. Re: Is it possible to return to a script from a URL?
            RCaauwe

I am using Open URL to go to www.mmopa.com.  There, I retrieve an Excel file (called MMOPA_members.xls) to my desktop.

I then would like to return to the script and open that file, and save it as "MMOPA_input.xls".  (I have to do this because our webmaster says it isn't really an xls file until I do a a "Save-As").

The rest of my script is using that file as input to update matching member records in FM Pro 11.

I am not sure how to get the script to continue after I have saved the MMOPA_members file to the desktop.  Will the pause and continue do that?

• 3. Re: Is it possible to return to a script from a URL?
              philmodjunk

If you click continue or press Enter to continue the script after you've dealt with the file. Might be simpler just to put a button on your layout that runs a second script to do your update....