AnsweredAssumed Answered

Is it possible to set up an image retrieval system which will compile them into a word document?

Question asked by ZhizhongNeo on Oct 10, 2010
Latest reply on Oct 11, 2010 by ZhizhongNeo

Title

Is it possible to set up an image retrieval system which will compile them into a word document?

Hi, i have recently "inherited" a copy of Filemaker pro Advanced from an unwanted PC but am wondering whether is it possible to do something as such:

I teach in schools and I'm thinking of a system which can retrieve questions (these questions are all scanned into jpeg, png format) and compile them into a word document.

For example, if Student A got question 3, 6, 9, 11, 12 wrong in a particular worksheet, i want to print only those questions in a new worksheet for him/her to revise. The worksheet should have our school logo, header and footer, date and name of student, etc.

Can FileMakerPro do that?

IF yes,

I would want to take it a few steps further.

1. Can i tag questions according to difficulties and sort them out, so that i can print only "Easy" questions, or only "difficult" questions etc?

2. Can i tag the student name to the question so that after a certain period of time (Let's say 3 months) i can compile an entire worksheet based on his/her mistakes to revise again?

3. Can i randomly pick questions based on their allocated marks(which i would have tagged beforehand)? or even randomly pick a certain number of questions that summed up to 100 marks?

For what it's worth, i have some programming backgrounds on Actionscript for Flash and iPhone Programming and VBA.

But i do need a little guidance on where to start from, i hope i can figure out my own way from there.

I appreciate any form of help if possible.

Thank you so much in advance.

Outcomes