5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2010 10:08 AM by ZhizhongNeo

Is it possible to set up an image retrieval system which will compile them into a word document?

ZhizhongNeo

Title

Is it possible to set up an image retrieval system which will compile them into a word document?

Hi, i have recently "inherited" a copy of Filemaker pro Advanced from an unwanted PC but am wondering whether is it possible to do something as such:

I teach in schools and I'm thinking of a system which can retrieve questions (these questions are all scanned into jpeg, png format) and compile them into a word document.

For example, if Student A got question 3, 6, 9, 11, 12 wrong in a particular worksheet, i want to print only those questions in a new worksheet for him/her to revise. The worksheet should have our school logo, header and footer, date and name of student, etc.

Can FileMakerPro do that?

IF yes,

I would want to take it a few steps further.

1. Can i tag questions according to difficulties and sort them out, so that i can print only "Easy" questions, or only "difficult" questions etc?

2. Can i tag the student name to the question so that after a certain period of time (Let's say 3 months) i can compile an entire worksheet based on his/her mistakes to revise again?

3. Can i randomly pick questions based on their allocated marks(which i would have tagged beforehand)? or even randomly pick a certain number of questions that summed up to 100 marks?

For what it's worth, i have some programming backgrounds on Actionscript for Flash and iPhone Programming and VBA.

But i do need a little guidance on where to start from, i hope i can figure out my own way from there.

I appreciate any form of help if possible.

Thank you so much in advance.