AnsweredAssumed Answered

Is it possible?

Question asked by Terri on May 14, 2009
Latest reply on May 20, 2009 by Terri

Title

Is it possible?

I work for a magazine publishing company. We work with paginations, deciding how the pages are going to fall in the book. We also have great concern for where the center of the book will fall. We have to share these paginations and information with our print vendors and FileMaker has allowed us to do that.

I have found a way to input information on one layout to indicate information regarding a spread (two pages together) and that will populate another layout with the pagination. I need to figure out a way for the layout with the pagination to indicate where the center of the book will be. Currently, in excel we do this by creating a dash line. It is rather obvious, divide the number of pages by 2 and that is the center of the book. But because the number of pages of the book may changed often during the process, we need the center of the book to update as well.

I am wondering if there is a way to create a subsummary that says insert this line in the middle of the book. I am invisioning a calculation that takes the number of pages/2 and insert the subsummary in that spot. Does anyone have any other ideas? Is this even possible? I hope I explained it well enough.

Thanks for your help,

Terri

Outcomes