2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2012 2:14 PM by TracyDBonham

Is it possible?

TracyDBonham

Title

Is it possible?

I have a database that I created in Filemaker Pro 11 and I need to be able to access it through my iphone. 

I have tried FMGO but have a problem, it logs me out when I try to use the phone. Then to get back to the database I must restart FMGO then click on the database and then login. 

I need to be able to login to the database and still have access to the phone. The database would be accessed continuously throughout an employee's shift and the employee would be receiving calls and text messages. I need to be able to seamlessly switch between the database and the phone without having to re-login because this will all be done while driving.

Is it possible to either install the database to the phone and send scheduled updates to the server. Or create an app that will access the database and still keep me signed in? Or am I not configuring something right?

Thanks for all your help

Tracy

• 1. Re: Is it possible?
          philmodjunk

If you haven't already done so, Search the forum for "restore login" (I think I have that right). If you can't find something, please post this question in the FM Go Forum. While not a Go user myself, I've seen several posts there dealing with how to configure FM GO so that you don't have to restart the database after taking a phone call.

• 2. Re: Is it possible?
            TracyDBonham

Thank you for the reply. 

I did search for restoring login, but was unable to get the desired results. I just updated FMGO again and restarted and was able to set the login to yes. I will try it and see if that helps.

It does seem to work! Now to try it in the field!

Thank you!!

Tracy